If you run into any problems along with your furnace this winter, you don’t necessarily need to react at once, grabbing the telephone to call your service technician. There are a few simple furnace troubleshooting pointers that may assist you to restore your heating without huge price or hassle.
Right here are some of the most frequently faced furnace-related problems along with some pointers to overcome them. Don’t try and get fancy and do excessive amount of things before this even though as you could effortlessly complicate matters. Be sure to cut off the gas and electricity to the furnace before attempting any of these.
Furnace not creating any heat
- Ensure that the power switch placed at the furnace itself is switched on. You may switch it off at the end of last winter to keep it from being switched on accidentally inside the summer.
- Take a look at the circuit box to see if the breaker needs to be reset. If the fuse has blown, you will want to replaced it.
- Make sure your thermostat is in heating mode in preference to cooling.
Furnace not warming house sufficiently
- Replace your dirty air filters. Check the original manufacturer’s guidelines on how regularly you must replace them.
- Clean any obstacles from in the front of the air registers. This consists of curtains and furniture that might prevent air from circulating properly into your own home.
- Raise the set temperature so that it is above the current indoor temperature shown at the thermometer.
Blower will not stop working
- Turn the setting to “off” or “auto.”
- Reset the limit switch following the instructions on your furnace’s manual. You will normally set the lower pointer to 90 degrees and the higher one to 115 degrees.
If none of these furnace troubleshooting tips assist to solve your problems, it’s time to call the professionals at Jupiter Air Conditioning and Heating, Inc.